Larnaca International Airport (IATA: LCA, ICAO: LCLK) is the main air hub of the Republic of Cyprus. It derives its name from the city of Larnaca situated 4 km to the southeast from the airport. The second airport in the Republic of Cyprus is located in Paphos, in the southwestern part of the island. Larnaca International Airport was built in 1974 and got its current name in July 2916 in honour of former President of Cyprus Glafcos Clerides. The airport is built near the sea coast and visitors flying into Cyprus get to see the gorgeous site of the Mckenzie beach as they are approaching landing.
In the two years prior to the pandemic in 2020 Larnaca International Airport handled over 8 million tourists per year flying both the regular and charter flights operated by the leading global airlines. In 2020 this number drastically dropped to just over 1.6 million people.
The airport was renovated in 2009 to correspond with the EU regulations and currently boasts 16 jetways (boarding bridges), 67 check-in counters, 8 self check-in kiosks, 48 departure gates, and 2,450 parking spots. Arrivals are located at the ground level, while departures are at the top level. Using the online real time tableau you can learn about the departing and arriving flights.
Taxi to/from Larnaca Airport
There are many ways to get to and from the airport, however taxi is the most flexible and convenient option if you don’t like navigating unknown areas or aren’t certain about driving on the right side.With CABCY taxi hailing app booking a taxi is easy and secure:
- You see the estimated price before confirming your order and know how long it will take to pick you up,
- You can choose between a 4-seater and 6-seater – handy if you have a lot of luggage or if you are travelling in a small group,
- You get the driver details and can get in touch with him/her,
- You see on the map how the driver is coming to pick you up and the route to your destination,
- You can pay contactlessly within the app.
- Drivers at CABCY are aware of all the latest COVID-19 measures and follow them to keep you and themselves safe.
How to book a taxi through CABCY app?
- Download CABCY app in your language from the App Store or Google Play store,
- Introduce your details to register (takes a few seconds),
- Set your pick-up location,
- Choose the type of car you need,
- Set your destination and confirm booking.
Once your order is accepted by the driver, you will see in the app driver details, when he/she will arrive to pick you up and the map where you will see the driver’s route to you.
Can I pre-book a taxi from/to Larnaca Airport?
Yes, you’ll need to go through the same steps as above, only before clicking “Book now” click on a small watch icon to the right of the “Book now” button and choose the date and time when you want to be picked up.
If you are arriving in Cyprus, please keep in mind all the COVID-19 related measures and that it might take you longer than usual to exit the airport. You will have all the driver details and will be able to communicate with him either via messaging or calling.